Henry and Marie Schreiner opened Schreiner Plumbing and Hardware Company in 1946 at 2585 North High Street, Columbus, Ohio. After returning as a decorated Air Force pilot from WWII, Dave Schreiner took over the business with his wife Ruth. He ran a small hardware store, as well, as numerous plumbing service trucks, serving the North Columbus area. The Schreiner name became synonymous with difficult, hard to find plumbing needs and parts. Bob Trout and Jim Ryan, local residents born in Columbus, purchased the business and name in July of 1998. The store was ran as a Do It Best/ HWI Hardware store until 2002 when it was decided to change to Ace Hardware for better pricing, better name recognition and better product brand. In March 2004, Bob and Jim branched-out and purchased H&S Hardware, a True Value Hardware store on Parsons Avenue in South Columbus from Henry Schreiderer and converted it to an Ace Hardware. While looking to expand into the Grandview area, the most recent location on 5th Ave was opened in early 2010.
Click For Details